Friday, March 21, 2014

St. Paddy's Day 2nd Annual Costello Beer O'Lypmics Re-Cap!!!!

Zach: How's the Madness treating ya out there ya big ol' batch ah cheaters! Aaaaaah! March! It's the best time of the year is it not? Ya got the stupidest, yet most amusing holiday in St. Patrick's Day, you got the trickling out of the SHITTY weather, and you've got my personal favorite sporting event, the college hoops March Madness Basketball tournament. My Bracket is not yet completely busted! I did pick a decent upset that no one saw coming, Dayton. But there are just too many god damn upsets now!

I love March Madness because I was raised a KU Basketball fan. It's like being a Yankee fan. They are always good. I am a Jayhawks fan because my dad grew up in Lawrence, Kansas and then went to school there. I am also a VCU Rams fan, as VCU is my alma mater. VCU has been an excellent presence in the tournament since Eric Maynor hit an ice cold 3-point shot to knock out Duke a few years back while I was going through my Senior Year. I am VERY excited about the tournament this year. But enough about that…I can talk about it for weeks to come! (hopefully I will want to) Rock Chalk Cheaters!

Last Cheat Day the lovely lady Marie Weigle hosted her 2nd Annual Costello Beer O'Lympics! I missed them last year because of an audition. There is no way in HELL I was going to miss them this year. Plus, this year the Beer O'Lympics was on CHEAT DAY EM-EFFERS! And for anyone who's ever done the slow carb diet they know that BEER is one of the hardest fucking things to give up. So this event allowed me to spend Cheat Day pounding plastic cup after plastic cup of GREEN Beer. The green Keg O'Choice at the event was Budweiser. It's all good as long as it's green on St. Paddy's Day!

I hoped right onto Marie's Green Team. Our team was the fiestiest featuring Marie, Myself, Jon Wikholm, and Mike Hamilton. In fact Judge Brian Gartland gave us an honorary award as being most spirited.

We started off rusty placing last in the first event of beer ball. I cemented the loss when I went to the ground for the ball and arose rapidly, jamming my right shoulder into the underside of the table and flipping it right over. It was a clutzy, Chris Farley-esque, moment and I was devastated and embarassed. I came to win!

We CHAMPIONED the next event, Beer Pong, making all things even. Next came flip cup. I had one of those intensely awesome come from behind flip cup moments where your opponent is frantically flipping away while you chug your whole beer, set the cup, flip it once and land it like you drained that final 3-point jumper in the last second of the game! That move got us to the flip cup finals where it was the exact same situation only reversed on us and we lost it womp womp womp.

Finally was a non-drinking game to round it all out called heads-up. I think Ellen Degeneres sponsors this game which you can get on any iPad, iPhone, or Android device. The Green Team SUCKED ASS at this game as each guesser with the iPad on their head was yelled incoherent drunken clues by the entire rest of the team. In hindsight it would've been better to let just one person give clues while just one person guessed.

We we lost, the white team won…again…even without Tony Giamichael. Either way I had a blast. The Beer O'Lympics is a great event and I hope it continues for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment