Sunday, May 13, 2018

And 2 For the Walk


Good day Cheaters. I write to you this week with FANTASTIC news! I am down 17.4 pounds since my first weigh in! Now, no one has been complimenting me (ASSHOLES) and that's probably a good thing. Everyone should continue to call me fat so that I don't lose my focus. I still need to lose 45 pounds after all! Thank you all for your encouragement, even if the only encouragement you give is silently reading this blog!
I put another epic Cheat Day into the books so lets get started. Here is how I lost weight this week. I woke up at 8:30 or so in order to get some quality time with my boo and get a nice hearty Cheat Day breakfast. Liz and I went to the Over Easy Cafe for what turned out to be quite the pleasant surprise! I had never been and it has been years since Liz had been so she could not remember the quality of the place. It's a short walk from where we live on Damen and Argyle. We've passed by it several times as another favorite of ours is right next door:  Bang Bang Pie and Biscuits! and there's always a massive wait outside of Over Easy Cafe so it's like how could it be that friggin' good?! Especially when there's a BANGER of a breakfast place right next door.

Our main concerns were the wait (OBVIOUSLY!), portions (CAUSE CHEAT DAY!) and there menu contained mostly egg heavy dishes which I can eat all GOD DAMN week long on the slow-carb diet! So I was concerned alright. I don't want to waste a fucking cheat meal on mother fucking eggs, I don't care how friggin' good they are. Guess what though you guys! The squashed ALL of these concerns. There was a wait, yes! Which sucks for breakfast. You're tired, you're HUNGRY and...let me take a minute to describe the Cheat Day morning hunger alright!

It's the hangriest hunger there ever was. I have very little patience when I'm not SHOVING bread and cheese covered in butter and sugar into my face after the first half hour I'm awake.

Anyway, The Over Easy Cafe offered free cups of delicious Intelligenstia coffee while you wait out in front of the restaurant, which really went a long way in curbing my HANGER. They have a list of weekly specials, one of which was a DELICIOUS and ENORMOUS breakfast sandwich which I ordered and ate the SHIT out of. I ate it so HARD that at one point the waitress came by the table and said "damn, you are serious about that sandwich."
The Appalachian Spring Breakfast Sandwich
Blue Berry Crunch Pancakes
To which I replied yer "GOD DAMN FUCKING RIGHT! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?!" The sandwich was known as The Appalachian Spring Breakfast Sandwich and contained some usual stuff like eggs. Some unusual but rather tasty stuff it contained was smoked pork belly, tomatoes, a TON of fontina cheese, and these things called ramps which may be the most delicious onion I've ever had. The toasted telera roll it was served on was soft and buttered and to DIE for. The sandwich also came with some standard but cheat-a-rific home fries. Liz ordered blue berry crunch pancakes which I tried as well and they were also super delicious! I give the Over Easy Cafe a SOLID point and pump!

The rest of the day was spent filming yet another episode of our upcoming web series "A Bit Touched." So the rest of my cheat day consisted of 7-Eleven snacks yet again. We're talking tortilla chips and fake cheese dip, Cheeto-paws, Donuts, "Deadpool" Trolli sour gummies, Taco Bell Fire Sauce Doritos, and 7-Eleven Pizza. Something I didn't tell the rest of the cast and crew was that when I went on the snack run I stopped quickly at a pizza spot on the corner called Godfather's Pizza and ordered 2 sub-par slices for the walk to the 7-Eleven to get the snacks.

Friend and Rock Star James Manno opened my eyes to the quality of Chicago slices a few weeks ago. The consistency of the New York style hand-tossed thin crust crust at Godfathers and all over the city is just dry and cardboardy. The rest of the ingredients are always fine as far as pizza goes. In this case the cheese, sauce, and pepperoni were solid enough to carry the slices.

It's now time for Alex Romero's favorite section. It's time for beer. One of the main concepts in the episode that we shot on Cheat Day was that I we drink Milwaukee's Best and LOTS OF IT. Why did we do that to ourselves you ask? Because we are freakin' idiots and we like the nickname "Beast Ice"! But it really wasn't as bad as I remember, I must have drank about 7 of those things before we left the shoot and hit up Nick's on Wilson to meet back up with our favorite bartender Nick Taylor! He poured my Allagash Whites, 3 Floyd's Alpha King, and Miller High Life's all night long. READER WARNING: DO NOT OVER IMBIBE ALCOHOL! IT IS NOT SAFE! DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
Oh also, I went back to 7-Eleven and bought an Italian Sub for when I got home to soak up some of that beer. It was an awesome Cheat Day people. This web series is going to be SO ridiculously stupid and hilarious and we hope you like it. I am on my way to meeting my goal ALL while eating and drinking like a ridiculous monster! I LOVE IT and so do you! Don't LIE! I'm told my dad reads this and is confused as how this is a diet blog yet all I talk about it eating horrible food and drinking shitty beer. Well, DAD, the rest of the week I only eat vegetable, protein, and beans. Take care of yourself, take care of each other, and eat like your life depended on it!

ELE,
Zach Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment