Friday, November 18, 2022

The POWERFUL Rooster and the SUDIOUS Owl

Hey there CHEATERS! Welcome back to Cheat Day. Don't Care. The blog where I fill you in on my gluttonous escapades during my wander to weight loss. This one is another short meander to a delicious and delightful cheat meal that really is not too terribly Cheat Worthy. But, it's just another example of why this diet can be delicious AND nutritious. So, thank you. 

Cheat Day started a little rocky, with a hard nosed BACK AND BICEPS workout bright and early to get it started. You see, health isn't all about diet, it's about fitness as well. I tossed weights around for about an hour, trying to get #bufflikeme while also prepping my TOIGHT BOD for a carbo overload. 


However, the carbo overload never came...it NEVER CAME! For breakfast I ate an apple...some carbs. On my way to play some drums and then some basketball (MORE ACTIVITY) I treated myself to some taquitos from a 7-ELEVEN when I stopped for gas. I popped an old take 5 bar left around from Halloween. This is mere child's play compared to Cheat Days PAST!


I did knock back a beer though, the Heavenly Trip by the Devil's Backbone Brewery. It was a real nice mild IPA to just take that mid-day edge off!

Finally I'm gearing up for my Cheat Meal. I've been to this restaurant a time or two before. It's bomb. It's a little pretentious. BUT they try REAL hard not to come off that way and I appreciate the effort. It's a $75 a seat prix fixe menu that changes with the seasons, or maybe even monthly. The name?! Rooster and Owl. It's in DC and it is delicious. 

It's courses based. The drink I got was the Farm Girl Fall, which is just ME ALL OVER! I'm a girl, I was raised on a farm...ette, and it is in fact fall. It is Catoctin Creek Rye, pumpkin spice, lemon and walnut liquor. It really hits the spot to start the meal.


Pretty soon the very cohesive wait staff brings out the rolls. They CRUSH. If they just kept bringing me those rolls I'd have been just as happy as I was with what is about to happen. Each course has 4 options. We have 8 people at our table. So we do...one of each! I HATE sharing, but this is too perfect. 


Course 1

BRUSSELS SPROUTS CAESAR Asian pear | aged cheddar | pepitas (gf, v) - WINNER!

KAMPACHI Purple daikon | pecan | calamansi (gf)

GALETTE Pixie-Crunch | Guanciale | brie

FOIE GRAS concord grape | hazelnut butter | pullman loaf



Course 2

AUTUMN MUSHROOMS harissa | honeynut squash (gf, v)

PANZANELLA PEI Mussels | escabeche | sourdough - SAUCE IS WINNER

POTATO GNOCCHI Yukon Gold | uni | grilled scallion

MEATBALLS buttermilk | polenta | mustard cream - MAIN INGREDIENT IS WINNER



Course 3

POTATO PAVE | toum | charred broccoli | tapenade (v) - MAYBE THE BEST POTATO DISH I'VE HAD

SCALLOPS cilantro | coconut-carrot curry | forbidden rice (gf)

PAPPARDELLE duck sausage | roma tomatoes | honey ricotta

HANGER STEAK Tokyo turnip | spinach | fermented soy bean - WINNER...duh



Course 4 - Dessert

MAPLE SPONGE Dulcey white chocolate | sage | butternut squash

APPLE FINANCIER parsnip | cinnamon | cider | almond (v) WINNER - PARSNIP ICE CREAM IS INTERESTING AND DELICIOUS

CHEESECAKE goat cheese | fig | honey (v) - TERRIBLE (and the only thing I can say that about)

CHOCOLATE CREMEUX cardamom | praline | coffee

So there ya go! a MILD Cheat Day! And, because I FUCKED OFF the previous two weeks my weigh ins aren't what they could be. Here ya go:

TITS: 46.875 (a negligible .75 inch increase)
BELLY: 43.375 (a WEAK .5 inch increase)
HIPS: 42 (an ODD .25 inch decrease)

So I lost a bit of the dadonk-a-donk but gained chest and gut. I love you all! Pics are coming soon. HOT SEXY PICS.

Take care of yourselves, take care of each other, eat like your life depends on it.

ELE,
Zach


No comments:

Post a Comment